Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cigar Box

I recently received a Fabulous gift from my secret sister last month. There is a moose and bear stamp, ribbon, small gift tags, a box of chocolates, a card stock purse, and a stampin up ink pad. to include a Christmas Card. it was all wwrapped into a cigar box.
This is the card stock purse that held a good deal of the goodies.
This is a picture of the Cigar box before I got my hands on it.
This is what the box looks like now. I used a 12x12 sheet of paper from The Angel Company. I also used TAC ribbon. I am not sure if I am glad that I used all the ribbon behind each letter but it does add to it. I brushed on brown ink around the edges and then added gold metallic paint for some shine.
Closer look at the top! I am not sure what I am going to put into it just yet but this was a lot of fun to decorate. I think it would have made a good gift box, filled with candies and goodies. Like I received it! Also to make up some cards that match the box and envelopes to match and give as a stationary set. Or filled with home made goodies, decorated to celebrate the closest holiday. However this was a gift for me to decorate so i am chooseing to keep it, and I think I will store scrap ribbon in it or a journal maybe both the possiblities are endless.

Thank you Secret Sister, I absolutely LOVE this gift! It has all ready given me hours of enjoyment.

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Great job on the box!! I love that new stamp you got too...very cute! Thanks for playin' along with the challenge and good luck! :0)